How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have actually supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic equipment in your house. It can control your TV, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function properly if you missed this crucial action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is certainly really easy to understand. Softwares are currently available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous in regard to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is not right.