How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic devices in your house. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial element in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function properly if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously very simple to understand. Software applications are already offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with regard to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.