How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks because they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your home. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed before beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR device would not work effectively if you missed this essential step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any home electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is certainly really easy to comprehend. Software applications are currently offered that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not best.