How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in terms of modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmware that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have actually supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through entering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function properly if you missed this essential action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely simple to comprehend. Software applications are already available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.