How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software or hardware. Various firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation capabilities have supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic devices in your home. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial aspect in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not function effectively if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously very easy to understand. Software applications are already readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really dangerous with regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is not right.