How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Different firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation capabilities have actually supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your tv, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not operate correctly if you missed this essential step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any home electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly very simple to comprehend. Software applications are currently readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely risky with regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by a professional technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not ideal.