How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks because they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology capabilities have actually supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic equipment in your home. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through entering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hack’s job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not operate correctly if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely easy to comprehend. Softwares are already offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with concerns to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not best.